Wednesday, June 3, 2015

what is useful for my teaching?

The Digo site can be very useful for me to use for searching what I thought would be useful and for finding out which site it was.

In addition, especially for my high school students, tools and sites for making mind maps and graphic organizers are very helpful for me to help them to think about the main idea of what they read and organize what the writer wants to say in a reasonable fashion so that my students can recognize the main idea or the flow of writer’s thoughts. For Korean high school students to get better grades in their English subject, it is most important I think to figure out what the bottom line is. I usually fixed figures to help my students to understand the main idea of what they read. Whenever I used those figures, I wondered if there was any other figure, mind map, or graphic organizer. That’s why the websites that the professor introduced in the course could be very meaningful to me.

 The site “Quizlet” can also encourage my students to make their own word quizzes and solve what their friends made each other, which helps them to understand the meaning of words more clearly. Letting the students make their own quizzes can give them self-confidence and self-respect that they can manipulate the “English”, even though the level is not very high.


 “Voki” is also useful for me and my students. Students can type what they’d like to say in English and hear what they typed, through which they can figure out what they typed has any error. 

No comments:

Post a Comment